Jovica Todorovic, E78A (ex 6W1SJ, TT8JT, ST2A, ST0RM, 9K2/T94FC, T98A, T94FC).
DX operation from Amman, Kingdom of Jordan - LOC KM71WV
160 meter activity 2016/2017
After lots of tinkering, Boris (E73Y) and I finaly managed to squeeze "decent" antenna system for top band on very limited space.
TX: MEF-110-1K Multi Band End Fed Half Wave Antenna, in Inverted L “Zig-Zag” configuration.
RX: K9AY loop installed on roof top with elevated radials.
Both antennas are courtesy of Danny (E73M) www.myantennas.com
Top band TX antenna performs great and we're looking forward to many low band DX contacts this winter season. Note that we are fighting extreme QRN on 160m so arm yourself with patience in pile ups. On 80m/40m RX is UFB. Depending on free time it is planned to be active on 160m/80m/40m bands until at least end of March 2017. I would like to thank the Royal Jordanian Radio Amateurs Society, and especially Rafiq Farmawi (JY4CI) and Nart Tahamouqa (JY5IB). Without their unreserved support activity of JY9FC at this level would be all but impossible.
JY9FC Club log is updated on regular basis. Please avoid working dupes!
- Yaesu FTdx-3000D
- Hexbeam by SP7IDX (20m - 6m)
- Butternut HF9V multiband vertical (80m - 6m)
- MEF-110-1K Multi Band End Fed Half Wave Antenna by Myantennas.com used for 160m band
- 80m inverted V dipole, 32m appex
- 40m corner fed right-angle delta loop, 31m apex
- K9AY loop, roof mounted with elevated radials